Can I have a board in my service desk project (next gen / team managed)

Mick C December 10, 2021

I have been tasked with creating a new service desk project for a team in my work but they also require the tickets to be visualised in a typical board type layout.

This makes perfect sense to me. However I am struggling to make it happen.

Is this possible? Also... if not, why not?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

Hi @Mick C  - Are you still needing help with this?

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2021

Have you already assessed the differences between the Team Managed and Company Managed Service Management projects and concluded that you really want a Team Managed project?

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-jira-service-management-next-gen-projects/

I don't work with Team Managed projects much, except as experiments for answering community questions. In my environment I don't currently have permissions to create Service Management projects to test anything out, so my information is based on reading documents and suppositions.

One thing I note is that Service Management projects don't typically include an agile board when they are Company Managed, and for Team Managed projects if agile boards are supported then the board is created automatically with the project.

Have you already created a Team Managed Service Management project, and found it does not have a board automatically created? If one was not automatically created, and if there is nothing in Project Settings to enable a Board, I would guess that the Team Managed Service Management project doesn't natively support agile boards.

Having said that, it is possible to create and save a filter for the issues in the project and then manually create a board based on that saved filter from this page:

https://<yourJiraUrl>/jira/boards?contains=

Boards created that way are designed to work with the architecture of Company Managed projects though. I know when such boards are created for a Team Managed Software project, the behavior of the board differs from the board automatically created with the Team Managed project. See this article

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events