Can I have a Kanban and Sprint board for all my projects?

Deleted user September 12, 2014

I want to have two boards that have access to not just one but ALL my projects, is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Jones September 12, 2014

Two ways, when you create a board, you can create it from a project(s) or from a JQL query. 

If you are doing it from project, you can select multiple projects. 

If you are setting up from a query, then you would put something like: project = "A" or project = "B"

The one thing you will need to make sure of is that both project are using the same workflow or you will have trouble with status changes.  If you are using the simplified agile workflow on them then you should be fine.

Michael Tokar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2014

More information can be found in our documentation - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Creating+a+Board

Like Eric Ryan Jones likes this
3 votes
Steve Jones September 12, 2014

Yes, just use the same project or query for both boards.

I do it all the time.  I use the Kanban board for the team to do their work and I use the Scrum board for the product management side of things.  We funnel things to the team's Kanban board by moving into a To Do status that we have mapped to the first column of the Kanban board.

Basically, keep the Open status for the Scrum board, do all of the backlog management, ranking, etc on that board.  We put a minimum WIP limit on the To Do column of the Kanban board which is our signal to change the status of the top # of items on the backlog to "To Do" so they show up on the Kanban board.

Deleted user September 12, 2014

This sounds similar to the workflow I have right now! Sorry, I probably should've clarified. Say I have Projects A & B. I want to have both a Kanban board and a Sprint board like you have described but I want the Project to be both A&B not just A or B individually. I'm not sure how to set it up to do that. Does that clarify it a bit? Thanks for the help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events