Can I get issues assigned to other projects Epics to show in my projects roadmap?

frances.close March 30, 2023

I would like to use the roadmap feature in my project to do planning and assign timelines to the work my team is doing. I manage a Design team that is a shared resource, so we take in work from several other teams and work on their Epics.

When I assign the Epic Link to an Epic from another project it will not show on my roadmap and allow the planning I'm looking for. My temporary workaround is to re-create the Epic in my space, but then my issues aren't being tracked in the other teams Epics.

We work with 7 teams, and I want my planning to be centralized to my project board to avoid having to look between 7 other project spaces.

Is it possible to use other teams epics and still do the planning in Roadmap I'm looking for on my board? 

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

Hi @frances.close - Project Roadmaps are basic and only support issues in the same project.  If you want cross-project roadmapping capability, you'll need to either upgrade to Jira Software Premium licensing which brings Advanced Roadmaps in as a feature or look into a marketplace app like Structure.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events