Can I get a list of fields in Jira that cannot be removed or changed?

Trena Norcia May 12, 2021

Can I get a list of fields in Jira that cannot be removed or changed?

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

@Trena Norcia 

Can you clarify what you mean by "removed or changed"? In what contexts are you trying to remove or change issues.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Summary is the only user-enterable field that cannot be left off an issue.

An issue also belongs to a project, is of a type and must be somewhere in a workflow (have a status), so although they're not really fields, I suspect they should be on your list.

There are some derived fields you can't get rid of - created, updated, creator, and resolution date are the ones that'll show up.  Plus, your reporting won't work if you don't use resolution and if you choose to use some functions (epic links, sprints, etc) then some other calculated/display fields will appear.

Other than those, I seem to remember you can hide, or at least choose not to use, everything else.

Trena Norcia May 13, 2021

Thank you for your quick reply.  Can I change the order of the fields on the right side of the issue:  (or are there fields such as reporter that cannot be moved? )

This is the order we were wanting to align them:
matts fields.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2021

Depending on where you're seeing this, it is mostly configurable (project type; team or company managed, and which issue view option you're using determine what is configurable here and how you get to it!)

The fact you've got "source" in there is a giveaway that it's configurable though - it's not a system field like the others, so if it were not configurable, you would not see it above original estimate and due date.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events