Can I force the project for a ticket creation view?

Francisco Navarro Morales
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2024

Hello here, we have enabled security feature in Jira:

- https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/what-is-the-security-feature/

(This is an image from the atlassian blog)

https://images.ctfassets.net/zsv3d0ugroxu/2D9BQEoGCCMgqpHQXPgZO2/9cec6664001d9747f46cf970fbce46e7/SecurityvulnerabilitiesJiraAdmin

When we click on "create issue" it allows the user to select which project they want to create the ticket in, and what kind of issue it will be.

We want to force it to create te ticket in one specific project with one specific issue type.

Can this be enforced somehow?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2024

Hi @Francisco Navarro Morales 

Can I clarify - you want users to only have access to one Project, and one Issue Type?

Could you simply...

• Limit users' access to Projects, using Project Permissions, and...
  • Remove all but one Issue Type from the Issue Type Scheme?

Let us know if this isn't sufficient. If not, could you provide us some more details on what you're trying to achieve?

Ste

Francisco Navarro Morales
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

No, users may have access to multiple projects.

My question is, when you use the security integration with github in a project, there is a button to create a jira ticket from a vulnerability that opens a form like the one shown in the next screenshot.

My problem is that eventhough the security vulnerabilities integration is set in one project (the one with the cloud symbol), users can create vuln tickets in any project they desire. My org want to have all the security related tickets in this same project.

We can ask users to always use that project but I would love to make this mandatory (or even remove the project option from the ticket creation form) but I think is not possible.

Just wanted to double-check in case there is an option for that.

Regarding user schema: what I did, indeed, was to remove all but one issue type from the issue type scheme, so, if the user selects the right project, they will only be able to choose the right issue type. The problem appear if they change the project to a different one, then they won't have the right issue type available :/

Thanks for your response, let me know if you have any idea!

jira.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events