Can I export an automation from one environment and import it into another?

Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2023

Can I export an automation from Production and import it into a Sandbox, and vice versa?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Hey Phil - yes you can export the rule and then import it into another instance - but you will probably have to do a little clean up with custom field names/IDs.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/import-and-export-jira-automation-rules/ discusses about the import / export option but do note that it would need reconfiguring to work on the target instance.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

Not at this time. I recall that there are open requests for exporting rules. You might search the Community as I recall posts on this. Maybe there were workarounds discussed.

Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2023

The import worked.  I haven't yet done the cleanup.

Like John Funk likes this
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2023

@Jack Brickey Is your source current? This is what I see on our Cloud Sandbox:2023-05-05_19h55_38.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2023

@Kelly Arrey , excellent! I had not seen that previously. I had checked the ellipsis on the individual rules. You should move your answer so it can be accepted. thanks!

Like Kelly Arrey likes this
Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2023

Not sure what you mean.  I accepted the answers that said it could be done.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2023

That message was for Kelly. 

Like Kelly Arrey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events