Can I exclude reporters with a specific domain from a query

Joe Swart January 12, 2022

I want to provide a customer a regular report of issues however I need to exclude 'Reporters' from a specific domain (eg *@hotmail.com). I see a similar topic raised in 2018 but no solutions or suggestions since then.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Joe Swart ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! This question has popped a few times in different capacities. The issue in the past is that there isn’t a way to incorporate the domain into a JQL. 

You could consider adding a group for the domain and adding all users into the group then using the group in a JQL exclusion statement. This has been discussed in this Community thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-create-filter-to-search-by-multiple-quot-reporter-quot/qaq-p/1347014

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

@Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ This can work for me thank you! essentially I am trying to exclude all internal staff as a 'Reporter', if we have them placed in a group i can then exclude them that way. Thank you, Joe

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Awesome, I'm so pleased that works as a solution for you 😊

If you'd like to help other Community members in the same boat find this solution easily you can accept it above.

Have a great day Joe!

Thank you, just tested and works perfectly!

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

Suggest an answer