Can I create a consolidated plan in Advanced Roadmaps using different customer's Jira accounts..?

Adnan Shafique June 14, 2022

Hi folks..!

I need solution of following as CONSOLIDATED PLAN in advanced roadmap.
========================================================

1) Client-1: is using his own JIRA account and project Epics/User Stories, sprints, releases are created in its own JIRA
2) Client-2: is using his own JIRA account and project Epics/User Stories, sprints, releases are created in its own JIRA
3) Client-3: is using his own JIRA account and project Epics/User Stories, sprints, releases are created in its own JIRA

Note: Sprint dates, release dates will be different for different projects. Teams can be shared among them.

4) My company has created a new JIRA account Account-PMO with multi-users having Advanced Roadmap license.
5) Now my company need a solution to create a PLAN (in advanced roadmap) for above 3 clients/projects.

Challenge:
=========
Is it possible to connect Advanced roadmap in 1 JIRA Account (my company account) with other 3 accounts (client 1, client 2 and client 3) and create a consolidated PLAN? Or we need to import Epics, Sprints, Releases from client projects into one account to create a Consolidated Plan in Advanced roadmap ??

My Pleasure: please feel free to ask for more clarification... thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Hi @Adnan Shafique and welcome to the Community!

I am not sure if I understand correctly, but if you mean you have 3 different Jira instances (with different URL), then you cannot just create a consolidated plan. Advanced roadmaps is a (premium) feature in one specific instance and it can only pull in data from that instance only.

You will need to get the issues from the other instances into the instance you want to create your plan in. The marketplace has synchronisation apps available that can help you keep issues in sync across multiple Jira instances, which may be very useful in this case.

Hope this helps! 

Adnan Shafique June 15, 2022

Hi @Walter Buggenhout  and thank you for this quick response.

I am sorry if it was difficult to understand.

Yeah, for instance, if I am using a Jira premium account and planned a project "Project A" and some other has his Jira premium account and planned a project "Project B".

Now, you also have a Jira premium account and you want to prepare a consolidated plan by using Project A and Project B.

Is it possible for you to connect with other two Jira accounts to get a consolidated plan for Project A and Project B...?

Or, you will have to use some synchronization app and have to get first all issues from other instances to my Jira instance and then to create a consolidated plan...?

This is what actually I want... thanks

If I have to use some synch apps then can you plz suggest any that is good as per your knowledge or experience...?

Suppose, if client do not agree on using this third party synch app then is there any possibility to take back of client Jira instance and restore that on my Jira instance with all project details...?

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 30, 2022

@Adnan Shafique hi! Did you find the answer you've been looking for? I hope so. You can achieve an instant connection between the two Jira instances with a 3rd party tool like ZigiOps - if you're open to using such. It's a flexible, no-code integration platform that can connect the two bi-directionally and help you transfer/sync a variety of data (stories/tasks and other). Feel free to take a look at it and even book a demo to see how it can help you with your use case.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave team)

0 votes
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2022

Hi @Adnan Shafique

This is Majid @ Exalate.

A clean way of doing this would be to synchronize issues (epics/stories/tasks etc.) between the Jira instances and consolidating that information however you need to. Exalate provides you the functionality to be able to fully synchronize your Jira instances with each other bidirectionally. And if you have all the three instances synced, I believe it would resolve your challenge.  

I would love to discuss your use case further to see how we can assist you best. Please feel free to book a demo if you would like to see the product in action. 

Thanks

Majid

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events