Can I control strikethrough of KEY for Done work items?

Mark Anderson April 30, 2021

I have next gen product.  When an item like a Bug is set to a Done status when you view a link to that item it'll show with the KEY having a strikethrough.  see image below.

This is fine for some situations, but if I have a Story or other Requirement that is "done", I don't want it to look the same as an item that has been Rejected/Closed.  It gives the wrong impression.  

Is there a way to control any of the properties of these links?  I've seen reference to work flow features in other Jira products to do this.  But the "Rules" options in my Jira doesn't seem to offer them.

striken.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

Hello @Mark Anderson 

I don't think there is any option for controlling that Strikethrough feature. It is simply a way to indicate that no more work is being done on the issue and is based on its Status being one of the statuses in the Done Status Category. 

Mark Anderson April 30, 2021

I was afraid that would be the case, but it never hurts to ask.

I think I'm going to use a new In Progress status, "Accepted" or something for these work items.  I don't want them to look 'done' until they are deployed to Prod.

thank you,

Like John Funk likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

Are you using Sprints in your project? If so, when you complete the sprint the issues that are Accepted but not Done will not be considered complete, and will not be counted in the Burndown and Velocity calculations for the sprint.

Suggest an answer