Can I configure the sprint naming format/convention which is applied when new sprints are created?

Deleted user November 22, 2012

When creating a new Sprint using Greenhopper (6.0.3) the names automatically increment, for example if the last existing sprint is called "Sprint 6", the system will already create "Sprint 7". This works for any string or string/number combination - and the last number is always the only one incremented.

I want to create a naming convention where two numbers are incremented, for example if the previous sprint is called "Sprint 43-44" I want to increment both numbers so the next sprint created will automatically be named "Sprint 45-46". The requirement is to increment more than one number, and to increment by more than 1.

Does anyone have any experience with this update to the naming convention? I have gone through the JIRA answers, and other Q/A sources like stackoverflow but have found nothing so far.

Many thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2012

Hi Mark,

I don't think that it is currently possible to perform this...if you would like to see this feature implemented in JIRA, I would recommend that you create a new feature request here : http://jira.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events