Can I assign stories from one Jira account to another?

Werner Schott July 21, 2021

We work with a third party organisation, who uses Jira to manage our development, testing, and deployments. We plan our software from our own instance. I'd like to know is, given the right permission-setting, could I add stories/tasks into their backlog from out instance? Turn a requirements story on our end into a dev story on their end?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

If you just want to PUSH your task to another jira instance you could simply connect your instances (cog icon next to your user avatar in the top right corner and select "Applications" from the drop down menu and then "Application links" in the left side menu. Names might be slightly different because I'm using the spanish UI and I'm translating it on the spot). Doing this you could clone your issue in the remote system but after doing that you won't see the evolution of the issue in that other system.

If what you want is to have people from different jira instances working at the same time on the same issue you'll need to check some of the integration options in the market.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?category=Integrations&query=jira%20to%20jira

Doing this usually each instance will have their own linked issues and whenever a change is made on one end it replicates in the other

Werner Schott July 22, 2021

Sounds good. Thanks @Iago Docando.

Like Iago Docando likes this
Werner Schott July 26, 2021

Hey @Iago Docando . From your instructions, I couldn't find 'Applications' on the dropdown menu - only Apps. Is this what you mean? If it is, there is no 'Application Links' under the available options on the side panel. I'm attaching these for your reference.Jira_Admin.png

Apps_Items.png

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2021

Oh, I see the problem. My indications where meant for Jira server, not cloud. The UI is likely different.

I believe you might be looking here:

imagen-2021-07-27-085940

But you need to be here instead (or the cloud equivalent):

imagen-2021-07-27-090226

Like Werner Schott likes this
Werner Schott July 27, 2021

Gotcha - thank you!

Like Iago Docando likes this

Suggest an answer