Can I answer to a specific comment in the issue ?

I found comments on your documentation (link) about this subject. And I comment too but no answer since 17 December 2014.

Quote :"

Anonymous

Is it possible to answer to a specific comment in the issue? So far, I have seen it is only possible to ass a comment at the end of all the comments created before, but no way to comment to a comment which is not the latest one.

1. AFAIK, it is not possible to do that at the moment. 

1. Hi,

I've searched a while for this feature. Is-it possible now (in 2014) to answer to a specific comment in the issue ? If it's not possible, do you have a workaround ?

Thanks for answering my email.

Carole Benazza 

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Ok, thx Michel. Just one more thing :) Do you use this plugin on issue in JIRA Agile ?

the option to reply to a comment doesn't show in Jira Agile board, we have to go into the specific issue to be able to reply to it.

As of this comment, the free plugin supporting threaded comments has been deprecated.

Please vote for this feature to be implemented here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-3406

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello ,
We are pleased to announce the release of our Jira plugin *Multithreaded Comments* which enables the possibility to have comments trees where you can reply to comments and keep the main comment parents at the top level.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/threadedcomments/cloud/overview

We give support for improvements and new functionalities 

Ugubi team

Not work on server, just cloud :-(

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,082 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you