Can I add another column My Kanban board

_Lilach Ofek__ December 20, 2021

I would like to add a PM acceptance Column to my kanban board - is it possible? not instead of 1 of the 3, but as an addition, and to have the dev team shifting the story to this column before moving to the done part

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Hi @_Lilach Ofek__  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, that should be possible. What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management? 

You will first need to modify the workflow used by the project to include the new status. Then you can publish the workflow and then edit the board to make the new status to a new column on the board. 

If it is a Jira Work Management project, the column will be added automatically when you add the status to the workflow and publish it. 

_Lilach Ofek__ December 21, 2021

Thanks, I will take a look. The project was created before I joined and it it Company managed one

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Great - you can modify the workflow then, publish it, and then edit the board to add the column and drag the status to the new column. 

_Lilach Ofek__ December 21, 2021

It worked, thank you so much!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2021

Great! Can you click the Accept Answer button so we can close this one out? Thanks!

Christopher Simpson April 25, 2022

Mr Funk:

How do we modify the workflow exactly? I got about 4 levels deep into my help search with no real resolution.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2022

Hi @Christopher Simpson  - Welcome to the Atlassaian Community!

1. Go to Settings (gear icon on top right) > Issues > Workflows

2. Search for the Workflow.

3. Click on Edit

4. Makes changes but be sure to Publish the workflow when done. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events