Can I access two instances of Jira in a portfolio

Abby Puckett September 28, 2017

I want to be able to access two instances of Jira from one portfolio.  The porfolio is located in Jira instance A, and there is a project in Jira instance B that I want to merge details into.  Is this possible?

4 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2017

As Nic mentioned, you can also use Backbone Issue Sync in order to do that.

The structure is the same as Francis suggested. You don't have to replicate all the information to Jira A, you can limit it to the information which you actually need there.

In order to start this off, you should create the duplicate projects in Jira A and setup a sync between each of the source projects in Jira B (or C, D...) and you should be good to go.

Of course, feel free to also drop us a mail at support@k15t.com.

5 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 28, 2017

Yes - we did a POC where one master JIRA was connected to multiple team jira's using Exalate .

star-diagram.png

Features, created on the master are broken down into epics, and escalated towards the different team jira's.  These exalated issues are broken down into stories and prioritized.  The status of the epic being reported back to the master jira as the project progressed.  

On the master, portfolio is used to create the required visibility.

Let us know if you would like to continue the discussion by sending an email to support@exalate.com

Francis

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2017

No, because Portfolio works on top of local Jira data.

It has no knowledge of instance B because it's installed in A.

There is a simple workaround though - duplicate the project from B into A, using one of the synchronisation add-ons (Backbone and Exalate are the two I've done this with)

0 votes
Abby Puckett September 29, 2017

Thank you everyone!

Suggest an answer