Can A Required Custom Field Be Made Optional For A Specific Project?

Glenn_Merritt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 14, 2024

I'm working on setting up an integration between Jira Cloud and Tenable IO. I run a script that creates a project in Jira and populate the project with findings from Tenable. When running the script, i get the error below. I see that in Jira, the Business Unit field is a required field, but I don't know how to make it optional for this specific project without changing the field globally for all of the screens/projects it is linked to.

restfly.errors.BadRequestError ERROR [400: POST] https://hostname.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue?update_history=False body=b'{"errorMessages":["Business Unit: Business Unit is required."],"errors":{}}'

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2024

Hi @Glenn_Merritt,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You would have to create a new field configuration scheme that is specific for the project in question. I would start by copying the existing one and then just go in and change the field to be optional instead, and then assign the scheme to the project. You can learn more about field configurations here

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events