Permissions

Monika Najdychor May 20, 2021

We would like to give business users view only access to Jira for the purpose of progress visibility.

Thank you.

3 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

Absolutely not!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

I don't understand what you would get from this?

Taking one line from a permission scheme, and imagine you've got two schemes in play.  One scheme says I can edit issues, the other says I can not.

When I look at an issue in this project, can I edit it or not?

To answer the last part of the question about giving business users view-only access - that is exactly what the permission scheme is for - include your business users in the "browse project" permission, but no other permissions.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

No, you cannot assign more than one permission scheme to a project.

There other ways to solve this problem.

Looking at your existing permission scheme, what users/groups/roles are currently assigned to the permissions that enable the users to create/modify data?

My recommendation for ways to solve the issue depend on how your permission scheme is currently configured.

Suggest an answer