Calculated field that indicates if an issue is in an active Sprint

I would like to be able to report to a 3rd party product using SOAP if an issue is currently scheduled in an active Sprint. I can report if it is or was ever in a Sprint but I can't tell if that sprint is active.

Also, the act of putting an issue in a Sprint is not a Transition and so does not throw any notifications that something has changed that would recalculate the field.

Ultimate purpose would be to flag to third party product that certain fields should not be touched since the issue is scheduled to be worked on.

Backup plan is to have 3rd party product recognize when the issue is actually being worked on by a developer since that is a transition to the "In Progress" state.

1 answer

0 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Apr 21, 2014

Backup plan is to have 3rd party product recognize when the issue is actually being worked on by a developer since that is a transition to the "In Progress" state

This is of course a solution.

Another way is to use the REST API from JIRA Agile to find out whether the sprint is active. You can use the REST Browser Add on to get the right endpoint.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,007 views 7 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you