Calculated field that indicates if an issue is in an active Sprint

Mike Sorensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2014

I would like to be able to report to a 3rd party product using SOAP if an issue is currently scheduled in an active Sprint. I can report if it is or was ever in a Sprint but I can't tell if that sprint is active.

Also, the act of putting an issue in a Sprint is not a Transition and so does not throw any notifications that something has changed that would recalculate the field.

Ultimate purpose would be to flag to third party product that certain fields should not be touched since the issue is scheduled to be worked on.

Backup plan is to have 3rd party product recognize when the issue is actually being worked on by a developer since that is a transition to the "In Progress" state.

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2014

Backup plan is to have 3rd party product recognize when the issue is actually being worked on by a developer since that is a transition to the "In Progress" state

This is of course a solution.

Another way is to use the REST API from JIRA Agile to find out whether the sprint is active. You can use the REST Browser Add on to get the right endpoint.

Suggest an answer