CSV Import - Need issued ID

Wade H November 30, 2022

I am doing a CSV import and have subtasks, the issue I am running into is setting the Issue id of the issues. How do I know what the current highest issue id is in my Jira instance? I need to be able to set the issue id in the csv to something that doesn't already exist.

thanks,
-wade

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Hi @Wade H 

Do you want to migrate parents and subtask from single csv file? If yes, you should use issue id (a random number to connect parent and subtask). If you give number 1 as an issue id for your first task, then you should use 1 in parent id column for its subtask to connect.

Please take a look at subtask section: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/

Wade H November 30, 2022

Hello @Tansu Akdeniz I do have the issue id and pranet id columns. And i have done this in the past. My question is if there are already issues in the project do I need to use an Issue id that is not taken in Jira? I keep getting errors and am wondering what i am doing wrong. As I said I have done this in the past.
thanks,
-wade

Wade H November 30, 2022

@Tansu Akdeniz I found my issue. I did not realize that there were required fields that I had not set. Bonehead move. :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events