CSV Import Created Date Field Missing

Mike July 16, 2021

I am following the instructions found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-change-the-issue-creation-date-using-csv-import-779160699.html and the import field "Created Date" is not on the drop down list to be mapped and neither is the "Issue Key" and the "Summary" to be "Summary" but nothing that would match the first two.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

Are you accessing the Import feature from the Advanced Issue Search page or from the administrator settings (Gear/Settings > System > External System Import)?

Per step 3 in the referenced document, you need to be using the latter.

Mike July 16, 2021

Thanks. I had done several ways, from "All Issues" page three dots menu, the "Advanced Search" page three dots menu and also the "External Import" wasn't showing up under either of them, hence why I asked thinking I am missing something.

On this particular project it is not a huge deal but we have a list of issues that have been with us for a while now, we want to get them into Jira but we want them to reflect their real dates when they were created, rather than what day we sat down and put them into the system.

Wish they would make that easier by letting us just choose that during creation instead of having to resort to such a hacky way to do it, after all if it can be done this way, they can just make it more accessible too.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2021

"External System Import" is an option available only to Jira Administrators. You will not find it under the Import Issues options available to non-adminstrator users.

If you are a Jira Administrator then you would find it under the Settings menu under System. Then select External System Import on the left, and CSV will be one of the options on the right.

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 10.33.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 10.34.15 AM.png

Mike July 23, 2021

Yes I am an administrator, thank you for the visuals, I see all of those just wasn't seeing the field. I reached out to them and it has been resolved, seems like they needed to do something for it show up in an edge case, it is there now.

Suggest an answer