Cómo automatizar la creación de una tarjeta en otro proyecto cuando cambias el estado

Gustavo Soria July 8, 2021

Tengo dos proyectos [Soporte] y [Desarrollo].

Lo que necesito es que dentro del tablero KANBAS del proyecto [Soporte] cuando una tarjeta se cambie de estado/carril (Ejemplo: "EN CURSO" > "CODIGO") que automáticamente se cree la misma tarjeta en el backlog del proyecto [Desarrollo].

De esta manera, cuando se inicie un Sprint dentro del Proyecto [Desarrollo], se tome esa tarjeta generada y posterior se complete "DONE", notifique al Proyecto [Soporte] y que esa tarea esta lista tambien para ser completada "DONE".

Me podrían ayudar?

Les agradecería mucho.

Saludos.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

@Gustavo Soria 

To create an issue on two projects, you will need to create an automation rule to do this more easier.
To create a issue in another project, you can use in the example name of the automation rule on project "Soporte")

1. Part One
  • Name: Create Issue on Desarrollo
    • Trigger → Issue transition ("En Curso" to status "Codigo")
    • Action → Create Issue (now you set the Project "Desarrollo" and the issuetype of the project desire like "Tasks", for example)
  1. Part two

In the project "Desarrollo" you can customize you kanban board to "ignore" the status and/or project "Soporte"

1. Part three
  • To sync this automation, you will need create a Global Automation.
    • Name: Sync status Soporte & Desarrollo
      • Projects (Soporte, Desarrollo)
    • Trigger → Issue transition ("In progress" to "Done")
    • Branch rules - For current
    • Condition → Issue matchs JQL (project = Desenrrollo and issuetype = Task and status = Done)
    • Condition → linkedissues match (issue type link desirable with condition "resolution done"
    • Action → transition issue to "Done"

I believe this will works :)

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2021

Hi @Gustavo Soria -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you decide to implement a solution with automation for Jira, that would require a global/multi-project rule for this use case.  There are limits on the number of rule executions per month, based upon the license level.

Please review this information to ensure your solution does not run out of rule executions, or consider changes to licensing, if needed: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing

Best regards,
Bill

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gustavo Soria July 12, 2021

@Carlos Faddul 

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to help me with this question.

On the other hand , I have followed the steps you indicate and I still cannot generate that other task in the Development project.

I attach both rules according to your points.

Global rule.pngProyect-Dev.png

Again, thank you very much for your time.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2021

Hi @Gustavo Soria 

With the two rules, are you expecting the actions on one rule to fire the other one?  If so, please go to the dependent (second) rule, and check in the Detail options to select the Allow Rule Trigger.  This setting allows one rule to lead to another one processing.

Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Hello @Gustavo Soria ,

In the second attachment, can you show more about the action of creation, and (if possible) the audit log in case of error of the automation ?

Gustavo Soria July 12, 2021

@Bill Sheboy 

Check that option, but it still doesn't work.

On the other hand @Carlos Faddul , I am attaching two screenshots with the information:

• First picture (Project Rule):

Project Rule.jpg

• Second picture (Global Rule):

GlobalRule.jpg

Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2021

@Gustavo Soriacan you see what errors appear on the audit log ?

+ do you have the legacy automation ?

Gustavo Soria July 15, 2021

@Carlos Faddul  There I was able to make it work.

This was because legacy automation was not enabled correctly.

That may have been it.

Anyway I will continue testing and verifying that it works correctly.

Again, thank you very much for the time you have given me.

Have a nice day.

Best regards.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders