Burndown chart

Jack Rousian May 17, 2018

Hi, new user to Jira

I'm supposed to make a burndown chart for a project for school, and it's my first time using Jira. I've created a backlog of items, and all the work is in progress. But the chart is confusing me on how it's displaying

https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/burndown-charts I've followed this, and if you notice how nicely the burndown chart flows with both lines is what I'm trying to achieve however my burndown chart looks like all the work is being done in 1 single day, and that's not what I want

How do I resolve this issue? I need all the work to be complete by the sixth day not on the first day. Please help

Untitled.png

2 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2018

A story or task will appear as done in the burndown chart when it is moved to the extreme right column on your board. You might have other statuses that the story goes through but it is considered done by the board only when it reaches the status mapped to column on the right.

In your case, you might have mapped a status to the right most column and the stories are already moved to that status.

0 votes
Jack Rousian May 17, 2018

I don't understand how or why all the user stories are being done on 1 day and not divided equally into 6 days ? , I'm trying to have it evenenly spread out throughout the week

Suggest an answer