Burndown chart not burning down

Fayez Moussa June 15, 2015

We've just started a new sprint and have decided that we want to use Time Tracking based on Remaining Estimate and Time Spent.

The sprint was created, issues added to the sprint with original time estimates and it was started yesterday. The developers have been logging their time and updating the remaining time estimate as they go along and setting it to 0 once they have completed the issue. The issue is then moved to the Close column on the board. 

The burndown chart is however not representing this information. I am just getting two horizontal lines (one red and one green). What have I set up incorrectly? 

This is a snippet of the actual burn down chart

image2015-6-16 11:46:37.png 

4 answers

0 votes
Fayez Moussa June 18, 2015

This issue seems to have fixed itself. The time that was not appearing was 'magically' recorded later that day at midnight (not manually). Now, any time logged is appearing immediately.

Estimate Statistic was Original Estimate and Time Tracking was Time Spent & Remaining Time 

Lorenzo Vicente June 21, 2018

Did you check the "Refresh Interval" for the gadget?  I typically set gadgets with frequent or dynamic data changes to a shorter interval, and data points that rarely change to a longer interval (or never).

0 votes
LakshmiS June 17, 2015

What have you configured for estimation statistic and time tracking for this board?

0 votes
Fayez Moussa June 15, 2015

Hi Brian,
Thanks for the quick response. Here is another snip of the info from below the chart. The issue seems to be that when time is logged against the issue (and the remaining estimate is changed), it is not appearing in this table. When I manually modified the remaining estimate, the change appeared (last lines). If it is of any help, we have the tempo plugin installed and we use that for our time tracking as well

image2015-6-16 13:44:47.png 

0 votes
CruzinUSA
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2015

Hi Fayez,

This could be due to a multitude of reasons. I would recommend taking a look at the documentation for the Burndown Chart and see why it's not burning down the way you'd expect it to. Looking at the documentation you should see information about the burndown below the chart. Is this not coming up? I'd open up a cloud support ticket and have them take a look at the configuration.

Suggest an answer