Burndown chart does not include worklogs reported by Tempo Worksheets

Tomek Sulek April 28, 2015

Hi,

I'm evaluating the Tempo Worksheets add-on to JIRA/JIRA-Agile. I'm stucked with one problem related to work logging on issues, and I hope you can help me.

When any user logs its work on the issue using Tempo functionality (like 'tracker' or 'log work' from issue menu etc), the "remaining" and "logged" fields (on the given issue) are updated and it is possible to see the work log entries in Activity - Work Log. However the standard Burndown Chart (as well as Sprint Report) does not see any changes in logged hours / remaining hours. In Burndown Chart there is a list of events and the only event registerd is the sprint start (no 'work logged' or 'RTE change' events are displayed if made via Tempo Worksheets).

There is no problem if the user logs the work using standard JIRA time-reporting functionality. I attach few screens to visualise the problem.

The issue activity/work-log include all the worklog entries (issue: GD-1), but the Burndown Chart details includes only the entries registered with native Jira.

I'm trying JIRA/JIRA Agile 6.6.8 with Tempo Worksheets 7.12.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

issue timetracking.jpg

Issue worklog.jpg

Burndown chart.jpg

4 answers

0 votes
Jason Coan June 7, 2018

I'm having a similar problem, using Cloud.  I don't have a Global Configuration option in Tempo Admin, and couldn't find a setting "log work with start time."  I found "Use start and end times when logging work" it was disabled, enabled it.  Was that the correct setting?

Rucha January 18, 2021

Hello 

Could you find the solution to this probem?

0 votes
Juan Boscardin February 7, 2017

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

0 votes
Tomek Sulek April 28, 2015

It works. Thanks for the information/

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2015

Hi Tomek,

the default timestamp for worklogs made in Tempo is 00:00, so your Burndown chart will not show the hours logged in Tempo until the next day (it shows the logs until "now", so worklogs in Tempo will not be considered). To avoid this problem, please enable the "Log work with start time" feature in Tempo (Tempo Administration, Global Configuration, check the permission).

Kind regards,

Susanne

Suggest an answer