Bulk update of Requester field

adrimars September 9, 2022

Hi All,

Our project admins have now made it possible for us to edit the Requestor field.

As a result of a migration, this field was reset for 1000s of issues.  I'm looking for a way to bulk-update these in Jira to put them back to what they should be.

If I do it with Filters, it would be 45 batches.

Previously I've used a jira-cli to correct Assignee - but that CLI tool doesn't yet support Requester.

Is there another tool/script that can achieve this ?  It's really just a bulk upload of data to existing Issues that I need to do.

Create an issue has bulk upload, but I don't need to create new issues.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Hi @adrimars  Welcome to Atlassian Community!

With the help of JIRA Administrator, you can update existing issue using csv file. 

To update fields in existing issues, include Issue Key and Summary column in csv file.

If you are a Jira admin, you can go to Cog Icon -> Settings -> System -> External System import

If you want to update existing issue without JIRA admin help, you can update existing issue in bulk using REST API. For this you need postman application and attach csv in postman and run API call.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-3-issue-issueidorkey-put

Thanks

V.Y

adrimars September 13, 2022

Many thanks for this. Ended up going the API route via our admins.

Like Vikrant Yadav likes this
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

You’re Welcome 😊

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events