Bulk moving issues to another project lose all data

neli_trosic April 5, 2020

Hi, 

I've seen discusion on that topic, but not sure in which release it is planned to be solved.

When I move issues from one to another project all data in terms of releases are list nevertheless that I choose within the bulk process to retain them. 

This is essentially needed, otherwise all information about releases are lost.

Thank you. 

Best, 

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2020

Hi Neli - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It's probably just that the bulk change option is not allowing you to keep the release/fix version right now. Not sure what the current single move is actually doing right off the top of my head, but I would suspect it is creating a new entry in your project for the release first, then allowing you to copy the value over.

So, as a workaround, I would create the release in the new project with the EXACT same name as the one you are moving from. That way when you do a move, it should copy the value over. 

neli_trosic April 10, 2020

Thank you @John Funk for the suggestion. It is ok, but still require a lot of manual work, which I'd like to avoid 😎 if it's possible of course

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2020

Yes, but the only manual part is simply creating the new release in the project you are moving to. That should be pretty quick for you.  ;-)

I could not find any open tickets that Atlassian is planning on putting this functionality in a new version.  :-(

It this answers your question for you, can you click on the Accept Answer button above to close this one out? Thanks!

0 votes
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2020

Hiii @neli_trosic 

This is logical. Cause each release is just for that project and when you move issues from one to another they will be missed.

neli_trosic April 5, 2020

But there is an option in New version in Jira that including releases and fix versions are retained and you have an option to include that info while You're moving issues, so that means that if they will stay writen in backgound codes in Jira also when they are moved to the other project, otherwise I don't see the reason of having that option to choose it or I'm missing something? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events