Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Bulk-assign Priority in Advanced Roadmaps/Plans

Edited

I can bulk-assign many fields in Plans/Advanced Roadmaps.  `Priority` is not one of them. Is there a way to allow it?

Right now I am using the "bulk change in Jira" flow, but that takes me out of Advanced Roadmaps and requires about 8 more steps than bulk changes right in Plans.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @scott_price,

The workaround you describe is currently indeed the way to go. I suspect the main reason behind this, is that Advanced Roadmaps originally was built on the on prem platform first, where priority schemes are an existing feature. These schemes allow for different projects to use different priorities. As Advanced Roadmaps is a cross-project planning tool, this may lead to priorities not being available across different projects and thus limitations on bulk changes.

In cloud, these priority schemes are not available (yet), so you may want to consider raising a feature request for this - either through in product feedback or through https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ 

Hope this helps! 

Thank you, @Walter Buggenhout _ACA IT_ .  That makes perfect sense - and matches my suspicion about why Status is unavailable either in the Advanced Roadmaps columns _or_ in bulk-change.  In that case, they not only differ across projects, but require workflow navigation.

One thing doesn't quite make sense with that, though - Sprints _are_ available to bulk actions, but also differ across projects. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events