Bulk Upload for Due Dates is failing every time i load tasks to JIRA

Vamsi Krishna Vendhoti November 19, 2018

I am uploading the bulk tasks to JIRA using Excel and i am not seeing the Due Date i gave on excel every time i load the excel. Format i am providing on excel is 'YYYY-MM-DD. Please help

1 answer

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2018

Hi @Vamsi Krishna Vendhoti

Refer to the documentation in https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/importing-data-from-csv-829827152.html , make sure you give the right format in Date format in import file

Specify the date format used in your CSV file. Use the syntax that complies with the Java SimpleDateFormat.

Thank You Fazila.. I am using Zephyr Test Case Importer Utility to load the tasks there i am using the due date field that is given in above format and it is giving me issue ( Not loading the value at all)

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2018

Are there errors in the log file?

Could you share a sample date and the exact date formatter you used?

no errors reported , all other column data is loading except the Due Date data.

I am using this format '2018-11-22 as it was loading in the same format earlier correctly.

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2018

So sample date is 2018-11-22 and the date formatter you specified in the wizard is YYYY-MM-DD ?

Yes with a  ' before the date format. :) not sure i think it was only accepting like that before not NOW :(

Tue Nov 20 11:56:32 IST 2018 Unable to add testcase ending at rowNumber - 3. Error:Unexpected response code: 400

i am seeing this error while loading but data got loaded without a due date ..

Vamsi Krishna Vendhoti November 21, 2018

Any help please?

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2018

Could you just try YYYY-MM-dd  as the format and let me know ?

Note that the d are small case and no '

Vamsi Krishna Vendhoti November 25, 2018

I tried Fazila but in vain.. Not sure whats happening. i tried every format.. Sometime back it was working fine. I think after we moved to ON PREMISES it started to give me this issue.

Any options left with you?

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2018

Did you check whether a normal csv import works fine with this date format?

If it is happening only with zephyr import, then zephyr support might be able to shed some light.

prashantgera April 2, 2021

I am also facing a similar issue today. I have exported a .csv file of a specific project. In my project, certain issue types have a "Due Date" field.  When I try to import that .csv file in the new blank project, it throws me error that:

The issue can't be created due to the error/s [ Due date is required. ]

while importing I have added due date as 02/04/21 5:58 a

Where I am wrong ?

Suggest an answer