Bulk Upload Issues Errors/Warnings - Please HELP

Tre Kendrick November 30, 2021

I am trying to do a Bulk upload and keep encountering the Warnings below and its preventing me from being able to do the bulk upload. 

Any help with what the warnings mean and how i can fix this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! 

The validation process has found 7 warning/s

- The value [ [Epic: Belkin Corp. - Contract Expiration - 1/31/2025] ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Epic Link ]. The value [ [Epic: Belkin Corp. - Contract Expiration - 1/31/2025] ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format
- The value [ [Belkin Corp. Year 1 2022] ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Epic Link ]. The value [ [Belkin Corp. Year 1 2022] ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format
- The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Payments - Year 1] ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Epic Link ]. The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Payments - Year 1] ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format
- The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Year 2 - 2023] ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Epic Link ]. The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Year 2 - 2023] ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format
- The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Payments - Year 2] ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Epic Link ]. The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Payments - Year 2] ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format
- The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Year 3 - 2024] ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Epic Link ]. The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Year 3 - 2024] ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format
- The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Payments - Year 3] ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Epic Link ]. The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Payments - Year 3] ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format

The validation process has found 1 error/s

• Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ Specify a number for the custom field (below 100,000,000,000,000) ]

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

The Epic Link field in your CSV import data needs to have the Issue Key (i.e. ABC-123) for the Epic to which you want to add the issue.

However it is the Error that is blocking the import of data. It appears that you have a number field where you have specified a number that is too large. You need to correct that issue in order for the import to complete.

Tre Kendrick December 1, 2021

Thank you! I just copied the data this afternoon and pasted as Plain text in a blank upload template. Change the date columns to the date format and it worked. Super weird! Thank you for your help! 

T November 30, 2023

I'm having a similar issue and have searched this forum, but don't think I've found a solution yet. I am new to Jira. I am not trying to create a custom field. The values are already there. However, when I try to import records, it gives me the warning "The value [ {null=2-High} ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ FieldNameX ]. The value [ {null=2 - High} ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format." 

When I continue the import and go to the newly created record, I have to manually select the "2 - High" value for the field I wanted it to display for. The value is from an existing drop-down list. I don't have admin rights to Jira in our organization. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2023

Hello @T 

You are not trying to import data to the Epic Link field, so it isn't necessarily the same problem.

Given that the original post is 2 years old and already has an Accepted Answer,  I recommend that you start a brand new Question. More people will see it and hopefully respond. The only people that have your question here are the original author, people that are Watching this Question and people who have responded to it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events