Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bulk Upload Issues Errors/Warnings - Please HELP

I am trying to do a Bulk upload and keep encountering the Warnings below and its preventing me from being able to do the bulk upload. 

Any help with what the warnings mean and how i can fix this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! 

The validation process has found 7 warning/s

- The value [ [Epic: Belkin Corp. - Contract Expiration - 1/31/2025] ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Epic Link ]. The value [ [Epic: Belkin Corp. - Contract Expiration - 1/31/2025] ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format
- The value [ [Belkin Corp. Year 1 2022] ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Epic Link ]. The value [ [Belkin Corp. Year 1 2022] ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format
- The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Payments - Year 1] ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Epic Link ]. The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Payments - Year 1] ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format
- The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Year 2 - 2023] ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Epic Link ]. The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Year 2 - 2023] ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format
- The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Payments - Year 2] ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Epic Link ]. The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Payments - Year 2] ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format
- The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Year 3 - 2024] ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Epic Link ]. The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Year 3 - 2024] ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format
- The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Payments - Year 3] ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Epic Link ]. The value [ [Belkin Corp. - Payments - Year 3] ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format

The validation process has found 1 error/s

• Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ Specify a number for the custom field (below 100,000,000,000,000) ]

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

The Epic Link field in your CSV import data needs to have the Issue Key (i.e. ABC-123) for the Epic to which you want to add the issue.

However it is the Error that is blocking the import of data. It appears that you have a number field where you have specified a number that is too large. You need to correct that issue in order for the import to complete.

Thank you! I just copied the data this afternoon and pasted as Plain text in a blank upload template. Change the date columns to the date format and it worked. Super weird! Thank you for your help! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

142 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you