Bulk Ticket Migration To Company Managed Project

Richard Nalbandyan May 17, 2022

Dear Atlassian team, we have a request to migrate 30 K tickets from one Company Managed project to another. We are using Jira Software Cloud.
Have you had experience moving this many tickets?
What kind of risks we can face during the migration? Many thanks in advance, any shared experience is really appreciated.

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

@Richard Nalbandyan Welcome to the Atlassian community

I would think you will be OK moving that many issues but you would want to test it first.  I would suggest setting up a test instance and following the cloud to cloud migration instructions https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/perform-a-cloud-to-cloud-migration-for-jira/

Once you successfully get everything migrated the way you would like on the test instance you can then perform the actual migration.

Richard Nalbandyan May 25, 2022

Hey @Brant Schroeder

Thanks for the welcome and your response, but I'm afraid we want to move  all the tickets in a *Company Managed Project* to another Project on the same Jira Cloud Instance.
If you have any experiences or tips on what to look out for that would be much appreciated!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

@Richard Nalbandyan Just moving issues from one project to another project in the same cloud instance you can just use a filter to identify the issues you want to move.  You would then use the functionality of the bulk change to do a bulk move to the other project.  If you have custom fields in the project you will need to ensure that the same fields are available in the new project so the data gets moved.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events