Bug not showing in the swimlane for the story it's linked to

Karin Schultz August 17, 2022

In the issue type "Story" I used "Issue Links" and made a link with an "Issue type "bug". I would like to see this linked bug on the board under the Swimlane (based on Story) of the applicable "Story". But i see it in the board under "Other Issues". How do I make it show in the correct Swimlane?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Using the Story setting for Swimlanes creates a swimlane per story and shows only Sub-task type issues under that swimlane. There is not a pre-built setting for Swimlanes that will show the generically linked issues.

Off the top of my head I am not aware of a way that you could create what you want.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Yes, an issue-link is not a sub-task.  I can't think of a way to get a link into a swimlane, other than converting the bug to a sub-task of the issue it is part of.

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
0 votes
Karin Schultz August 22, 2022

Thank you. I guess we'll have to live with it. We'll probably use Nic's suggestion and convert the bug into a task if it's blocking the completion of a story.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events