Bug Fields Are Turning Themselves Off

Kevin DuArte December 31, 2020

I added some custom fields to Bug issues. Worked fine for a couple of weeks, but now when I create a bug half the time some fields are missing and I have to select Configure Fields and add them again. It's fine until later... what could be the root cause of this? Is there anyway to force them to always remain?

Thanks all!

Kevin

kevin@uisoftware.com

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2021

Hi @Kevin DuArte

are there any chances that the flaky behaviour of the "Configure Fields" dialog box is browser related?
Either a plugin for the browser or a whatever kind of conflicting (auto-) update of the browser came to my mind.

Have you the chance to go with an alternate browser for a few days (Chrome/Firefox to just name two)?

If not probably checking for suspicious plugins or probably clearing the cache would possible help - but this is just being a wild guess, to be honest.

Regards,
Daniel

Kevin DuArte January 4, 2021

Thanks Daniel.

Good call, I had not thought of that but have encountered such things. My Firefox has 40 open windows at any given time, so highly possible.

I launched a fresh Safari and logged in first time there. First project, all the fields appeared checked again! Second project, nope, customs unselected.

I selected them all, and then created, went back to create another and they are all still selected. Hummm, what happens if I create one but don't use them (as another tester would). Nope that hypothesis did not hold as they are all selected still.

Cross browser OS cache? Will explore in new browser for a time. Would be cool if it was just local - not impacting other testers.

K

0 votes
Kevin DuArte January 2, 2021

No solution or clue yet...

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2020

Is it possible these fields are empty? Depending on how you have the layout configured it may be that they are not shown because there is no value in that field. 

Kevin DuArte December 31, 2020

Good idea, but alas, they are not empty. I use them each time I log a bug. When the fields stop appearing I add them back via the picklist, then set their values and save the issue. They persist for some time.

At first, i thought if another tester did not select an option in the field when filing, maybe it turned it off for when I do...

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

So this is an on-going problem? Have you added a context to the custom fields to associate them with the Bug issue type? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events