• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hi,

I am using Jira nextgen as site admin. I chose Kanban layout when I created my project.
When I select a board, and click on "..." i can only choose "Manage rules" but there is no board settings there.
In addition there is nowhere I can create new boards.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Ok I got it: When on create an issue it ends up in the backlog. To see it on the Board, one need to visit Backlog then pull the card from Backlog to Board.

0 votes

Hello,

Board settings are not available for next-gen boards.

Ok, so what is happening then is that I created some issues from the roadmap tab but when I visit the Board tab is empty. I was thinking it could be due to some quick filters applied.
Is it a bug then?

Do you create epics or stories?

I created epics in Roadmap then created tasks under those epics. In Board I selected all the epics. Should I use stories instead of tasks?

You should see tasks on the board. How do you create tasks? I have not found an option to create tasks from the roadmap.

Roadmap -> click on an epic -> click on "create a child issue" -> change story to task and create

@Alexey Matveev  - I'm trying to create Quick Filters using NextGen Kanban. Is there a way to do this with no Board Settings? 

"Board settings are not available for next-gen boards."??

I wanted to filter with a simple JQL query the DONE tickets not updated in the last week to make the board easy to use. Now I have 300 done cards that make my browser collapse.

How it is supposed to be done if we can't assign a query to the Board?

I hope somebody could give me a tip or a workaround.

Thanks

@Jesus Carpintero - did you get a tip or a workaround. I'm trying to do the same thing now. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

4,116 views 5 15
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you