Board not visible, even though I'm an administrator

Daniel Borson June 24, 2019

Previously, I could see a Kanban board that I had set up and for which I'm an administrator. One of our Jira Administrators added himself as an administrator to that board, and modified a filter. Now, I can no longer see the board, even though the board is visible on the Administrator's login, and he can also see that I am still an administrator on the board.

Anybody have any idea what might have happened, and how I can see the board again? 

This is really weird. 

~ Daniel

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2019

Hello Daniel,

Although you are an Administrator in your board, project and filters permission can still Block you from seeing the board content.

That been said, I recommend you to perform the following:

- Check with the JIRA Administrator what kind of changes were performed in the board filter. Check if you have the permissions to see at least 1 issue returned by the board filter, otherwise, you will not be able to see the board.

More specifically, check if you have the Browse Projects permission in any of the projects returned by the filter query.

- Ask the JIRA Administrator to check if the Filter is properly shared with your user. To do it, he can navigate to the board settings > General > Edit filter Shares > Check if the filter is shared with your user:

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 19.20.12.png

- Once the steps above are performed, navigate to your project and click on the board menu to check if your board is displaying for you:

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 19.24.05.png

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer