Board for specific role.

Maciej Drabicki August 16, 2018

Hello. I'm a software tester and I wish to have in JIRA columns like "Documentation" "Test case preparation" etc. Our main board has actually enough of columns so I don't want to add there more. Is there a way to create a separate board where I could set my own workflow? 

The best option is that the rest of the team see a column like 'Testing' but when task comes to this column on my 2nd board I see this task with my mini-flow. 

Is this possible to set JIRA like this?

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2018

@Maciej Drabicki, welcome to the Community. 

Yes and no. You can most certainly create you own board where you display a set of columns that are different than those displayed in another board. However, keep in mind that columns in boards equate to statuses in a workflow. A column can represent a single mapped status or multiple statuses. The workflows don't belong to the board they belong to projects and issuetypes w/in the project. What this means is that if you wish to have new statuses like documentation and test case preparation then you need to add them to the workflow. This is fine and will work well. However, you will need to consider mapping those statues into the appropriate columns in both boards. While you could leave them unmapped in a board that can lead to confusion with issues being hidden on a board.

hope this makes sense.

Suggest an answer