Board filter broken after a cloud migration

Lizz Bacon December 16, 2021

I just used the new cloud migration feature. My destination instance received all the issues within two projects successfully. However, in the destination instance the board filter settings are broken and I can't see my Roadmap nor does any data populate the Kanban board.

I deleted the one project that was in the destination instance before doing the migration, but this deletion didn't "take" and the migration tool kept showing there was a conflict with the a source project's key and a destination project key (both were "SLOPE"). So I changed the project key in the source instance before the migration to "CORE". (I would have changed the destination project but I had deleted it already!)

Now it seems that the filter query in the destination instance is stuck - it can't be edited (too complex to show basic; an export also fails with the same issue ("the value SLOPE does not exist") and everything is referencing this project key that I would love to restore but can't because a project is hanging around in the destination instance like a ghost....

Halp! Anything I can do?? 

Image of board filter query screen - nothing can be edited here. 

screencapture-slope-atlassian-net-issues-2021-12-16-15_50_08.png

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

So the issue seems to be with the migration. I can’t say for sure what went wrong from where I sit. The one thing that is immediately obvious is the the project “slope” does not seem to even exist. If you look at all projects do you find the project under any name?

Note: if the project key was ever used then it can’t be reused even if the previous one was deleted.

Lizz Bacon December 17, 2021

Oh my goodness, project keys can't be reused?? That's most unfortunate. 

I went in this morning and poked around. By removing a shared board filter link, I was able to edit the main board filter and get back on track. Now busy rebuilding issue types and trying to remember all the good stuff I did to set up the project in the source instance. Oy! 

Appreciating having this community to help out, and vent with! 😆 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer