Block specific service desk agent to JIRA software

Christo Joy November 13, 2017

I'm using Jira Software for project management and Jira Service Desk for clients to raise tickets. So I'm the administrator of Jira software and also I'm an agent in Service desk. I want to block access to a specific service desk agent user from accessing our Jira software. But I need access to both Jira software and Jira service desk. Right now a service desk agent can view my other projects issues in issue navigator and change its status. Please help me out with suitable solutions.

Thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

This is highly dependent on how you've set up Projects, Application Roles, Project Roles, and Permissions.

Right now, it's clear that your agents have both a Jira Software license and a Jira Service Desk license. Perhaps consider that.

It's also clear that the Agents have "transition issues" and "edit issues" Project Permissions.

This should be easy to fix, but it's hard to cover all the potential options without actual detail as to how it's been configured so far.

Suggest an answer