Bitbucket triggers for Jira are very slow

mikeboiko February 4, 2018

Hi,

I followed the tutorial on setting up workflow triggers for Jira based on BitBucket. I setup a simple scenario, where I create a commit with the issue key in the commit message and that advances my Jira issue from the Backlog state to the In Progress state. The trigger itself worked fine, however there was a very long delay from the time I made the commit in BitBucket to the time my issue changed state in Jira.

I performed this test 2 times. The first time, it took about 30 minutes for Jira to update. The second time was 45 minutes. I'm wondering if I can change the polling rate or some other settings to make this faster.

I am using Bit Bucket Cloud and hosting my own version of Jira Software.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks,

Mike

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

Hi Mike,

By default, the timer is set for processing of smart commits every 60 minutes.

If you believe the issue is a communication problem between the Apps please remake the DVCS connection as this way the webhooks will be re-created and this actually solves most of the problems related to DVCS as well.  This will not delete any data so you won't lose anything when you remove the webhooks.

Cheers,

Branden

mikeboiko February 5, 2018

Hi Branden,

No that sounds about right. I'd always get the desired response within 60 minutes. I was just hoping that it would be faster than that. Is there any way to decrease this time?

Thanks,

Mike

Konrad Wulf July 23, 2021

Same here, would be good, if there was a way to speeden up the status update for BB cloud changes in Jira tasks on our company-internal Jira server

Suggest an answer