Bitbucket server projects do not show up in the Jira software importer

t_mahlmann August 7, 2017

Hi,
I just set up a brandnew Bitbucket server and a Jira software instance on the same machine, and successfuyll linked them using the wizard. The link shows up as "established" in the respective configuration sections.
However, when using the "import external projects" wizard, the importable projects list turns up empty. There *are* projects on the bitbucket, obviously, but do I need to share them in any way? There's only one (super) user in both instances with the same credentials. The OAuth authentication seems to work, as the jira activity widget prompts me to log at the bitbucket instance, which works (I'm not using impersonation).

Neither the web interface nor the on disc logs show any error. What am I missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2017

You don't need to import anything. Just mention a JIRA ticket in a commit message and it will automatically link everything. https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/jira-integration-776639874.html

t_mahlmann August 7, 2017

The problem was, that there wasn't a Jira project/issue to begin with. The Jira documentation is a bit unclear on setting up projects, once you're passed the linking apps stage - so I don't know if it's supposed to work this way - but I just created a Jira project using the same key, tried your suggestion, and then stuff seemed to be happening.

Suggest an answer