BigPicture Gantt - future time periods are not shown

Veronika Eder December 18, 2020

Hi all, 

I have problems with BigPicture Gantt: 

The dates an durations are not shown properly in the gantt view even though start dates and dates are up to date. 

It seems like it shows only time periods from tasks in the past but it does not show anaything e.g. for the year 2021.

I could not find anything in the settings -  I hope sombody already had the same problem and is able to help me. 

Thanks a lot in advance

Veronika 

gantt_issue.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2020

did you map your fields start and end date as gant start and end date?

did you resync the gant view?

did you set some date filters in gant - then it does not show all tasks

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 18, 2020

Hello @Veronika Eder

Exactly, let's start with checking your Tasks Configuration. Please go to Jira Administration >> Manage Apps >> BigPicture Technical configuration >> General and check if Start & End dates are synchronized properly. In your case, both should be synchronized with Jira custom field Start & End Date, as in my image below. 

image (52).png

Once the mapping is set up, please re-sync data and let me know if your Gantt presents the correct periods on the timeline. 

Best,
Anna

Veronika Eder December 21, 2020

Hi Anna, 

thanks for your answer. The technical configuration was correcct. 

We added baseline start and end date and now when baseline and start/ end dates are filled, the time frames are shown as they are supposed to. 

Tanks and merry christmas!

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this

Suggest an answer