BigGantt - time tracking rollup calculation

Lawrence Lam August 11, 2020

We have just installed BigGantt into our Jira cloud next-gen project setup.  I have setup a custom column view to show "time tracking (spent)" with aggregation being "sum" (see column view diagram below).  In my gantt view I have a story (LPP-25) with two subtasks (LPP-26 and LPP-27).  I was expecting the story's time tracking to aggregate the progress of the subtask, but it is not doing that.  (See gantt tasks diagram below).  Can someone please help me understand what I am doing wrong?    The "task configuration" is left at default value on BigGantt install (see task config diagram below).  

````````````````` column view diagram `````````````````

a3w80Qdlxg.png

``````````````` gantt tasks diagram ``````````````````

progress.png

```````````````` Task config diagram ````````````````````

BigGantt default configuration.png

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 18, 2020

Hi Lawrence, it looks like you've set the things right. I have the same issue in my own instance, consulted the team, and I would ask you to email our support desk at support (a) softwareplant.com, to sort of upvote he issue.

But, here's the context. The Gantt chart you're seeing is the so-called version 1.0, there is the redesigned Gantt chart 2.0 -- weeks, or months away from the market. Prettier, faster, loaded with new features. Only today we published a quick review of the new one if you had a look.

https://softwareplant.com/gantt-charts-gen2/

I'm sure the new one will be up to everybody's expectations and will do the computing properly.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events