Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Big Picture GANTT Chart and Basic Tasks

Can somebody point me to any documentation on what Big Picture Basic Tasks are all about? You only seem to be able to edit the Task Name, Start and End Dates. I can't update the Status, % Complete or the Assignee etc.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adam _SoftwarePlant_ Marketplace Partner Mar 16, 2021

Hi @Nigel O’Neil 

Basic Tasks in BigPicture serve as an additional element, which you can use to organize your project box better. Those exist only within BigPicture application and do not synchronize with Jira or any other external platform. Due to this limitation, certain actions, such as assigning a particular user to a Basic Task, are not possible.

Please kindly take a look at our documentation page dedicated to the Basic Tasks matter, as I believe you will find there most of the information you need!

- Basic Tasks

Best regards,

Adam

Thanks Adam. All makes sense now.

Like Anna-SoftwarePlant likes this

You're very welcome Nigel! I'm glad I was able to help you with this matter.

Anna-SoftwarePlant Marketplace Partner May 28, 2021

Hi @Nigel O’Neil

I have just posted the article about the basic tasks: Basic Tasks in BigPicture.

You will find there more extensive information regarding the function of basic tasks. I hope you find it useful. 

Having recently downloaded a big picture 30 day trial, I created a few tasks a project and a few tasks.  This big picture project picked up tasks from a live project and having deleted the tasks from big picture, they have now disappeared from Big Gantt, but if I go into the kanban board they are still there.  Why can I now not view them in Big Gantt.

Hi @Lydia Goodhand

Could you please provide more details (preferably supported by screenshots) so that I am able to shed more light on your doubts?
What do you mean by deleting? Did you delete tasks or a Project box in BigPicture?

No longer an issue

Like Anna-SoftwarePlant likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Security Advisory for Jira Service Management

On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link.  We've seen a number of questions already asking for...

71 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you