Best tools for Quoting/Sales Orders integration with Jira. Orders have both Fixed price and T&M

Julie Bennett July 21, 2022

We are a Software provider. We are currently exploring options out there to manage our client database and to efficiently integrate with Jira for Project Management and the associated Invoicing.

We need to have a very comprehensive database to keep track of the modules our customers have installed.

We currently create sales orders that have a combination of Fixed Cost line items that are invoiced in 3 stages, as well as T&M components.

The Sales Order information would be sent to the Installation Team, who would manage the project in Jira.

We would then need to invoice our clients the appropriate milestones for the fixed component, as well as the T&M.

Looking for thoughts on the best tools to integrate with Jira to manage both our current client base, and well as a slick integration from Sales Order to Opening a Project/Billing a Client.

2 answers

0 votes
Sergio Govoni August 23, 2022

Hi guys,

this is an interesting question! I'm loking for an App to manage easily the Sales Order eventually generated from a feature request in Jira Cloud.

I have a project dedicated to feature requests and sometime happens that we offer an implementation to a Customer istead of the implementation at zero cost for the Customer.

Suppose to have the Feature1 with requirements and specifications defined, at the end of the analysis the amount of time requested is specified, next I would like to notify to my sales account the amount of time requested for the Feature1 using a template or something like that.

Once my sales account has received the report, he/she will insert the offer in our ERP.

In summary, I would like to notify, using a standard report or template, the availability of a new Feature to offer to a Customer.

Do you have an app to suggest me?

Thanks in advance.

Sergio

0 votes
Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 22, 2022

Hi, @Julie Bennett !

Probably Clerk Invoices for Jira could help you with some of your tasks. It doesn't cover everything, but you can keep a database of clients and bill them for the time spent by your team. Plus you can add fixed price items to the invoices, that could be the licenses you sell.

I'm the developer of this app so you can ask me any questions or view/book a demo!

Julie Bennett July 24, 2022

Thanks Anton.

I really need the invoicing of our Software licenses' milestones as automated as possible.

If we had the Sales Order information in another App (CRM or similar) that integrates with Jira, and we then decided to only use Jira for the T&M part of the projects, would there be any other way to achieve the invoicing of the software milestones?

CRM App - T&M info to Jira - T&M billed via Clerk

CRM App - another tool - Software Milestones billed via Clerk

Unsure of other Apps/tools out there that might integrate with Clerk to achieve our goals.

Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 26, 2022

Hi, @Julie Bennett!

If you need to integrate other apps with Clerk, you can do this via our API. It is a full-featured API that is used by our app. So everything you see in the app could be done with it.

Swati Jha October 23, 2022

Hi Anton,

Thanks for posting the summary about CLERK app. We're using Jira app in our company since 2006. Recently I installed Clerk to get better invoicing system, however, I didn't find any solution for Billable and non-billable projects ?
I have few questions:

1. Can we connect Xero(Billing app) to Clerk ?
  2. Can we connect any internal system to CLERK, to get all the billing cost center ?
  3. Does it generate any report after invoicing  ?

Regards,

Swati Jha

Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
October 24, 2022

Hi, @Swati Jha!

1. Yes, you can connect Clerk with Xero. In this case, all new invoices could automatically be sent to Xero.
  2. Yes, that is also possible through Clerk API. So you will need to make this custom integration on your side using API.
  3. Yes, we have some reporting features.
  4. You can use Tempo to track billable and not billable time separately. This is supported by Clerk after you connect Clerk and Tempo.

Please let me know if you will have more questions!

Swati Jha October 25, 2022

Thanks Anton,

Will it be possible to book a demo with your team to see how all the above works ?

Regards,

Swati

Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
October 26, 2022

Hi, @Swati Jha!

Sure, we have a quick 4-minute pre-recorded demo https://helloclerk.io/demo/ plus you can book a live personal demo by this link https://helloclerk.io/book-demo/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events