Best practise for managing clients and projects in Jira

Dags October 25, 2019

Hi guys,

Just looking for a little bit of advise and best practise.

We're software company providing B2B and B2C apps to retailer. Currently under transition to Jira. We've got number of clients which we support, and do some misc requests within apps or CMS now and then.

I'm a project and resource manager for development team, so I want to manage everything in Jira.

My question: what is the best way to organise? Is having one project ( ie. B2B apps) with multiple boards (per client) OR one project with only separate epics for clients? or maybe projects per clients?

thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2019

Hi Dags - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There are probably several ways to approach this, but if you use the same development team across all of the clients, then I would create a single project for the team. 

Then you can use Components to identify which client(s) each issue is related to. Then you can use multiple boards, if you want, per client (the board filter would say something like Project = ABC and Component = Atlassian). 

Or you can just create a single board and use Quick Filters to distinguish the Clients. That way you have all of our work on one board and there aren't multiple number one priorities for your development staff. 

I hope that helps!

Suggest an answer