Best practice to calculate Progress percentage in JIRA structure

sarathgd August 16, 2022

Hi,

I have build a structure to display story points completion progress against every issue.

I'm looking for cumulative progress percentage at Feature level. 

Can someone suggest what are the best practices on usage of Progress percentage in structure.

Ex: 

In my structure, I have one Feature >>1 story >> 1 Task with story points weight as 10, 70, 20 respectively. 

Appreciate your help here.

Thanks,

Sarat

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nicholas Ellis _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 18, 2022

Hi Sarat,

The built in progress column in Structure handles this rather well.  By determining which items are complete, or partially complete by status, we can then weight the issues by their story points (or any other numeric field).  Here is a screenshot of a simple config of the progress by status column.

Structure_progress_status_config_cloud.png

The only option not shown is a the bottom, which reads "ignore parent issue progress".  The idea is if turned on we will consider an epic 100% complete if all of its children are complete, regardless of the epics owns status, essentially at every level of the hierarchy rolling up.

Cheers,
Nick

Emilia KASPRZYK February 27, 2023

Hi 

it's possible to apply that solution on Jira Cloud?

I do not recognize this window from the screenshot

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Nicholas Ellis _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 10, 2023

It looks slightly different on cloud, but yes the same is possible.  Here is the documentation (https://wiki.almworks.com/documentation/structure/8.3/cloud/progress-column-130883892.html)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events