Behaviours - Groovy - Get selected Tab on a screen

Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2021

I'm familiar with how to manipulate screen tabs with behaviours. I'm uncertain however if there is there any way to get the current tab a user is interacting with on a screen? 

I have a few cases where automation based on tab selection would be useful, and would like to conditionally hide fields based on tab selection. Another case would to be able to hide the comment field, only if a user is on a certain tab.

Thanks in advance,
Steven

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Benz Kek _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2021

Hi Steven, we don't have such a function to get the currently selected screen tab in Behaviour.

However, I'm not sure why would you want to hide a field based on tab selection because a field can only exist in any one of the screen tabs at a time. 

In other words, you could just hide the field directly using Behaviour's .setHidden(true) method instead of depending on the tab selection. 

Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2021

Benz,

Thank you for the quick response.
I see what you are saying, that makes sense, however the primary use case would be conditionally hiding the comment field.

I suppose I could use an alternate condition for the comment field.

Thanks again for the answer!

Suggest an answer