Basic Burndown Chart in JIRA

Patrick Coe July 18, 2017

How can I get JIRA to produce the most basic scrum artifact - a burndown chart that shows the ideal burn line (in hours) as well as the actual work remaining (in hours)?  This is meat and potatoes but I don't see that JIRA produces a burndown in this manner.  Thanks for your help, especially if I am being a complete idiot about this. :)

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2017

Go to the Scrum board you have defined and look at the reports tab.

Plain JIRA (JIRA Core, or older JIRAs without the Agile add-on) doesn't have support for Scrum, and hence doesn't have a burndown.

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2017

As a person with Admin rights to your board, click on the 3 dots in the top right hand side (assuming a cloud version of Jira) and select Board Settings. Choose the Estimation tab and in the Estimation Statistic dropdown, choose Original Time Estimate. In the Time Tracking section, choose one of the options - we use the second one. You should then be able to go to the reporting section, choose Burndown and see exactly what you're asking for

Suggest an answer