Backlog to To-Do - how to do report the 2 different status

Uma Sanjeevi December 1, 2020

Can we do report in nextgen view 

the list in backlog and 

the list in to-do 

it is a kanban board with backlog enabled.. 

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2020

Hi @Uma Sanjeevi 

Remembering that NextGen projects are, by definition, meant to be simpler than Classic ones in behavior and maintenance...

It does not appear to be possible to perform that search when both are in "to do" status.  Here is a suggestion to add the ability to distinguish them:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-20433

If you need this search ability please consider switching to a Classic project.

Best regards,

Bill

Uma Sanjeevi December 2, 2020

ok - thanks Bill.

Can we set a status for backlog as backlog ? at all in nextgen - Just trying my luck here.. 

Thanks 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2020

You may add more status values, however all of them show up on your board for NextGen. 

What I tried was adding a "Not Started" status, leaving everything in the backlog in "To Do".  After that, no items on the board were in "To Do" but I was stuck with an empty column which cannot be removed.

Ok - thanks Bill.

Let me write to JIRA helpdesk team and see if they can do anything.. i will let you know.

Thanks for your help Bill

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Uma Sanjeevi December 3, 2020

@Bill Sheboy 

i got it working in nextgen

you need to setup workflow rule.. we can differentiate now with TO-DO and Backlog

Like # people like this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2020

Hi Uma,

I am not completely following your need. Do you just need a filter showing you all of the issues on a project in the Backlog? And then another filter showing all of the issues in the To-Do status? 

Yes showing the 2 list of cards in one query but able differentiate the backlog to the to-do when both has the same status as “to-do”

thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events