Backlog not showing up for new project created using shared project settings

Ashish Gireesh May 17, 2022

Hello,

I created a test project for my team, using the scrum template and shared the project settings with an existing project. However, after the new project is created succesfully, i was redirected to the issues page and left menu bar is not showing the Roadmap, backlog or Active Sprint options. I am not able to start  a sprint using this project now. Please advise.

PS: The existing project, the settings of which i used for the new one is working perfectly fine! 

2 answers

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

Hi @Ashish Gireesh,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

What you see when creating a new project and using the shared project settings is expected behavior. Because you are using the shared setting, this will override the template you selected, and because of that Jira will not know what type of board to create. 

Hello Mikael,

Is there any way i can override this and create sprints in the new project. 

I am not able to see the options "Roadmap", "Backlog" or "Active Project".

If I cannot recreate the board from a existing project, then what purpose does "Share the project settings from a existing project" serve. It did copy the workflow, but I am not able to create sprints now and therefore the new project thus created has become useless.

Please advise.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

All you have do is create a new board and you will be able to create sprints in the new project.

Ashish Gireesh May 18, 2022

Could you please guide me how I can do this. This is what i see when i start a new project with shared settings. I cannot access the board settings to create a new board. Please advise.

Screenshot 2022-05-19 104647.png

1 vote
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2022

@Ashish Gireesh , 

You need to check the project permission, and add yourself under roles as a project admin. 

To start a sprint you should have admin access on the project as well as on the particular board where you are trying to start the sprint. 

For more details, you can share the screenshot of project permission. 

Hello Manoj,

Thank you for your response. I believe i have already have admin permission. Please see screengrab below. Also, i am managing all the other projects in Jira as well. I never had an issue with creating sprints. But when i tried to create a project using the same settings as an existing project, i could no longer do it.

Screenshot 2022-05-17 185257.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events