Backlog and Epic Panel

Mateusz Szajek September 9, 2022

Our Jira Software has a default workflow for the Kanban project. Yesterday I saw that we couldn't turn on the epic panel in our board settings, and I can't add something to a backlog in Card Layout. I don't know what happened, have you ever seen that? 

I can't add a screenshot here, but I can't turn on an epic panel in Columns and don't see anything about the backlog in Card Layout:C

It's the Jira cloud

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Are you using a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project board? It will say at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

It sounds to me like you might be using a Team Managed project board.

For a Team Managed project board Card Layout customizations are not yet supported.

And, turning on the Epic Panel in the Backlog screen is done from the Backlog screen itself rather than from the board configuration options.

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 7.47.05 AM.png

1 vote
Answer accepted
Elvir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2022

Hi Mateusz,

I  assume this is a company managed project.

Open the board settings of your board.

image.png

Then go to Column section:

1. Make sure to map the first status of your workflow in the  Kanban backlog area.
  2. Activate Epic Panel

image.png

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

0 votes
Mateusz Szajek September 14, 2022

Now It's working! Thank You.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD