BUG: Epic Link is not show if issue is from a board with filter on this Epic Link

Lars Dam I'm New Here Dec 19, 2017

When setting a filter on a combined board like:

project in (PROJ1, PROJ2, PROJ3) OR project in (PROJ99) AND "Epic Link" = BOARD-1 ORDER BY Rank ASC

Only Epic Links of PROJ1, PROJ2 and PROJ3 are showed.

Epic Links of PROJ99 are not shown.

When disabling the filter like:

project in (PROJ1, PROJ2, PROJ3, PROJ99) ORDER BY Rank ASC

The Epic Links are shown!

Looks like a bug to me in 7.1. Was this already fixed? We will be upgrading anytime soon.

1 answer

0 vote
Micky Caritte Community Champion Dec 20, 2017

Hi Lars,

I quite don't understand your filter: AND or OR are processed one after the other and in your case you should have grouped the projects all together (project in (PROJ1, PROJ2, PROJ3, PROJ99) AND "Epic Link" = BOARD-1 ORDER BY Rank ASC).

That being said, what exactly is the cope you want to bring in? all 4 projects issues which are under BOARD-1 epic? is that correct?

Cheers

Lars Dam I'm New Here Dec 20, 2017

Hi Micky,

Thank for your reply!

No that's not what I want.

I want:

project in (PROJ1, PROJ2, PROJ3) OR (project in (PROJ99) AND "Epic Link" = BOARD-1) ORDER BY Rank ASC

which is automatically converted to the query I posted earlier. (I think AND is ahead of OR).

Anyway. The query IS ok. I see the all issues from PROJ1,2 and 3 and only the issues from PROJ99 which have an Epc Link BOARD-1.

The thing NOT working is showing the Epic Link in back log. Just for the issues from PROJ99

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

13,132 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you