BUG: Epic Link is not show if issue is from a board with filter on this Epic Link

Lars Dam December 19, 2017

When setting a filter on a combined board like:

project in (PROJ1, PROJ2, PROJ3) OR project in (PROJ99) AND "Epic Link" = BOARD-1 ORDER BY Rank ASC

Only Epic Links of PROJ1, PROJ2 and PROJ3 are showed.

Epic Links of PROJ99 are not shown.

When disabling the filter like:

project in (PROJ1, PROJ2, PROJ3, PROJ99) ORDER BY Rank ASC

The Epic Links are shown!

Looks like a bug to me in 7.1. Was this already fixed? We will be upgrading anytime soon.

1 answer

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

Hi Lars,

I quite don't understand your filter: AND or OR are processed one after the other and in your case you should have grouped the projects all together (project in (PROJ1, PROJ2, PROJ3, PROJ99) AND "Epic Link" = BOARD-1 ORDER BY Rank ASC).

That being said, what exactly is the cope you want to bring in? all 4 projects issues which are under BOARD-1 epic? is that correct?

Cheers

Lars Dam December 20, 2017

Hi Micky,

Thank for your reply!

No that's not what I want.

I want:

project in (PROJ1, PROJ2, PROJ3) OR (project in (PROJ99) AND "Epic Link" = BOARD-1) ORDER BY Rank ASC

which is automatically converted to the query I posted earlier. (I think AND is ahead of OR).

Anyway. The query IS ok. I see the all issues from PROJ1,2 and 3 and only the issues from PROJ99 which have an Epc Link BOARD-1.

The thing NOT working is showing the Epic Link in back log. Just for the issues from PROJ99

Suggest an answer